PHILIP J. CAPELL, CFP®, JD, MS in Taxation
Facts About Our Founder:
- Mr. Capell has been educating and assisting individuals and families with retirement, financial, & estate planning for over 25 years.
- He focuses on each client’s financial needs, be it capital preservation or growth, income at retirement, and/or tax planning, and provides a comprehensive, personal plan to achieve his client’s objectives.
- Mr. Capell builds a portfolio asset allocation suitable to his client’s goals and risk tolerance and then provides ongoing investment management services.
- Philip is married with two sons and a daughter residing on Long Island, New York. He is a multi-marathon finisher and an Ironman triathlon finisher.
Here is some additional information about Mr. Capell
College: Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, B.S.
Law School: Washington School of Law, American University, Washington D.C., J.D.
Graduate School: Pace University, New York, New York, M.S. in Taxation
Memberships, Organizations & Offices:
- National Association of Personal Financial Advisors-accepted Member of the Nation's premier Fee-only Financial Planning organization.
- Paladin Registry - 5 Star rated member.
- Financial Planning Association - member
- Nassau Academy of Law ("NAL"): Past Dean of the Nassau Academy of Law.
- Nassau County Bar Association ("NCBA"): Member, Past Chairperson of the Attorneys/Accountants Committee and Past Chairperson of the Tax Law Committee, appointed by the Honorable Frank A. Gulotta, Jr.
- New York State Bar Association ("NYSBA') Member, Past Chairperson of the Financial Planning Committee of the Elder Law Section and Past Member of the New York State House of Delegates.
Community, Articles & Pro Bono Activities:
- Monthly Guest speaker on Hofstra University's Bottom Line Benefit Talk show (WRHU 88.7 FM) & past guest on the Radio Talk show (WHPC, 90.3 FM) concerning various issues such as Retirement Planning & Retirement Income, Financial Planning, Charitable Planned Giving and Year-end Financial & Tax Planning.
- Lectured for the following financial and civic associations on various Retirement, Financial, Tax and Estate planning topics on numerous occasions, including but not limited to: Charles Schwab, Merrill Lynch, HSBC, MorganStanley (f/k/a Salomon SmithBarney), HSBC (f/k/a Republic National Bank), GreenPoint Bank, Mutual of New York Insurance, New York Life Insurance, MetLife Insurance, American Cancer Society, the New York State Society of CPAs, the New York State Bar Association, and the Nassau County Bar Association.
- Printed in several publications, including Morningstar.com, Financial Planning Magazine, Long Island Business News, Nassau Lawyer, New York State Bar publication on various investment and financial planning topics.