If you’re looking for expert fee-only personal financial planning, you’ve come to the right place. Philip Capell is a Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®), which is one of the most rigorous and highly regarded certifications for financial advisors. From our offices in Melville, Long Island, Midtown Manhattan, and Boca Raton we serve clients throughout the NYC metro area, Florida, and beyond.
Contact us or call at (888) 910-1666 for a free consultation with our experienced financial team and let us help you create a personal financial plan to help you reach your financial goals.
What is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) Professional?
A CFP® practitioner is a financial professional accredited by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards (CFP Board) as having significant financial planning knowledge and professional experience, along with adherence to a strict client-centered code of ethics.
How to Choose a Financial Advisor in NYC
There are more than 50 different designations used in the financial service industry. With so many designations it’s difficult for the average investor to understand the value or meaning behind many of these so-called credentials.
If you are interviewing an advisor, here are a few questions that should come up regarding his/her credentials:
- Purchased - Did the advisor simply have to write a check, sit back and then wait for the certificate or did he/she earn it?
- Education - Did the advisor have to go through any schooling, and if so, how many classes and was his/her knowledge tested?
- Continuing Education - Does the advisor have to continue his/her education in order to maintain such credential(s)?
- Membership - Did the advisor have to submit a sample financial plan or work product to gain membership in certain organizations?
For us, the standard of excellence has always been the CFP certification, which requires knowledge in all aspects of financial planning (investments, retirement, insurance, tax planning, cash flow, etc.) as tested on the rigorous two-day, 10-hour CFP examination. Further, CFP designees are required to take ongoing educational classes to maintain such a designation.
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors
The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAFPA) sets a very high threshold for admission. All members are non-commission-based advisors and considered fiduciaries, which means they are obligated to always act in the best interest of their clients. To gain admission, applicants must submit a financial plan for a peer review and then upon becoming a member, the advisor must satisfy a continuing education requirement
Expert Fee-Only NYC Financial Planner
Looking for a CFP® professional in the New York Metro area? Piermont Wealth Management in Long Island and NYC can help. Contact us for a free consultation to see if we’re a good fit for your personal financial planning needs. Meet our New York financial planning team and learn about our other wealth management services.
- An experienced financial team with a total of more than 25 years of experience.
- Unique guidance from an estate planning attorney turned Certified Financial Planner®.
- Comprehensive financial planning services for any investment portfolio.
- Independent fiduciary advice regulated by the federal government.